Sunday, December 02, 2012

Singles Sunday #13-Versions

I don't know, I guess I was hoping for more from this one. It's a nice title, and I was promised a part one and a part two.  What I got was two versions of the same song, one sung in a Jerry Lewis voice and one sung straight, neither of which really works for me.  But give it a listen and see what you think, maybe this will work for you in some place or another.  This is Howie Stevie-If you Knew How Long I've been So Good For Christmas-Part 1 & 2 (Jamie 7" 45 RPM 1393 (D.J. Copy Not For Sale), Mono).  Again, if you've got any more info or a date, I'd appreciate you sharing it.

MediaFire
Torrent

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie! Pete here, of the Three Suns 45. Long time no chat...but so, so happy to see you're still doing your thing here each December. I'm looking forward to following your posts for the month, and I'm also thinking of finally blogging myself in the new year...would love to get any pointers if you have 'em.

    As for Mr. Stevie, I found a copy myself last year in my search for non-obvious xmas songs for my personal mixes. When I popped it on a few weeks back I was so uninspired by the A side I didn't even bother flipping it over...but I was slightly amused by how his accent pops through here and there during his "Jerry Lewis" delivery. I wonder if he's from Brooklyn...

    Would love to chat via email directly - I have one of your xmas wish list items that I'd be more than willing to send in your direction as a thanks for all the tunes you share with us here. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete! Talk to me! My address is on that post with the want list. Good to hear from you! You're not a hipster are you? That picture in your profile is scaring me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. No, don't let the hat fool you...I've been wearing them for years (and they look good on me). If anything, at 40 years old I'm a dad to the hipsters...Will send you an email shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Release date on this was 1971. Info came from http://www.globaldogproductions.info/j/jamie.html a discography site run by a guy named Andy who bought a ton of 45s from my e-Bay pages in the past. Very nice guy and his website is a tremendous resource!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...