Friday, December 07, 2012

Re-Minster

Tonight's remastered share from long ago is also on the Westminster label, and is probably one of the first compilations I ever shared around here.  There's lots of good stuff on here, and it sounds better than ever since I finally got around to re-recording it this year.  This is A Christmas Sampler-Selections From Outstanding Westminster Christmas Releases (Westminster WP S-2, Mono, 1956).

1. Dick Leibert-White Christmas
2. Cathedral Bellringers-Birthday Of A King
3. Collegium Musicam-Adeste Fideles
4. Ferrante & Teicher-Sleigh Ride
5. Deutschmeister Band-God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
6. Robert Locksmith & Robert Owen-O Holy Night
7. Dick Leibert-What Child Is This (Greensleeves)
8. Randolph Singers-The First Noel
9. Brooklyn Museum Children's Chorus-Joy To The World
10. Randolph Singers-We Three Kings Of Orient Are
11. Gordon Myers-O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
12. Basil Rathbone-Isaiah 40, 1-5
13. Carl Weinrich-Lord, Through Thy Goodness (Bach)
14. Vienna Akademie Kammerchor-Silent Night

MediaFire
Torrent

I love the little pictures on the back of the albums that the tracks on this collection are drawn from.  I think I have shared all but three of these, and of those three, I have the record for one, but not the sleeve.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying this one, Ernie. Thanks! I have a few old Westminsters buried in the stacks somewhere, likely this is one of them. I appreciate your serving it up.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...