Monday, December 13, 2010

Warner Chorus


Nope, not done yet with the stuff from Warner Bros.  It's amazing what a varied repertoire they had in those early years.  There are several Christmas LPs that came out in this period that I'd love to share, but can't because they've made it to CD.  But I think I've got more than enough of them to keep you busy tonight.  This time around it's a great chorus tackling some of the classic songs of Christmas, along with a couple of things you won't hear elsewhere. As has been the case with many of these Warner discs, I first shared this out in 2008.  If you've somehow missed it since then, please download The Gene Lowell Chorus-Caroling, Caroling (Warner Bros. WS 1233, Stereo, 1958).

1. Joy To The World
2. The First Noel
3. I Saw Three Ships-O Little Town Of Bethlehem-Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly
4. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
5. Still, Still, Still
6. Adeste Fidelis (O Come All Ye Faithful)
7. Westminster Carol (Angels We Have Heard On High)
8. Silent Night
9. Merry Christmas One And All
10. The Wassail Song-O Christmas Tree-The Holly And The Ivy
11. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
12. Caroling, Caroling

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

(All these different upload sites are getting to be a real pain.  One works, then it doesn't.  Then one goes down completely or slows to a crawl.  Then I copy the wrong link, or upload the wrong file.  It winds up taking four times as long to make a post than it should, especially on this rerun stuff.  And I sit here waiting for the uploads to finish, even on a cable connection.  Sorry, I just felt like getting that off my chest.)

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...