Friday, December 17, 2010

Above The ORGANary

Every once in a while, I'll spot something in a stack of records, and I immediately know it's going to get shared out at the blog.  When I flipped to this record, I just knew that anything titled ExtraORGANary had to be for me.  The question mark at the end of the title didn't hurt it's desirability, either.  The next record in the stack was a second copy, and I bought that one too.  Don't ask me why, I just didn't want to take the chance that the first one wouldn't play correctly.  I knew this was some sort of homebrew release when I flipped it over and it didn't have anything on the back cover.  What's it sound like?  Well, this is not the worst organ record you will hear at the blog this year.  It's also not the best, but I'm not gonna tell you who the best is.  This is in a nice comfortable spot somewhere near the middle.  Just in case all this talk makes you curious, why don't you download Hal Greene-Christmas ExtraORGANary With Hal Greene At The Hammond Spinet? (WAM Records 5001, Mono).

1. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
2. There's A Song In The Air
3. White Christmas
4. Adeste Fideles
5. Santa Claus Medley
6. O Tannenbaum
7. Away In A Manger
8. Walkin' In A Winter Wonderland
9. Mary's Boy Child
10. Let It Snow
11. I'll Be Home For Christmas
12. Silent Night
13. Jingle Bells
14. O Holy Night

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...