Monday, December 13, 2010

Warner Kids

Surely you figured out that I was building to something, posting all those old Warner Bros. shares, one right after the other?  Well, this is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, a new share for 2010.  Someone actually sent me this record two years ago, and I'm sure I never properly thanked them for it.  They probably got tired of watching the blog to see if I'd ever share it, but it took a while.  I tried to record it last year, but it had a skip in it.  The vinyl looked pristine, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get that skip out.  So I kept looking for a second copy of this LP so I could share out the whole thing.  Finally, in a pile of really nasty looking vinyl, in a cover that was half missing and all waterlogged, I found a second copy.  I was able to get the dirt and mildew off of it, and record at least the part of the song I needed to make it whole again.  Since then I've found a mono copy, which I think is what I scanned the front of because it looked the best of all of them.  The fronts all look the same, but the backs are different, extolling either the benefits of stereo sound, or telling you how mono isn't all that bad.  But anyhow, after that long-winded introduction, I'm proud to share for the first time, The Children's Choir Of All Nations-Some Children See Him (Warner Bros WS 1231, Stereo, 1958).

1. Some Children See Him
2. Angels We Have Heard On High
3. Up On The Housetop
4. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
5. Go Tell It On The Mountain
6. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
7. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
8. Away In A Manger
9. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
10. O Come Little Children
11. Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
12. The Star Carol
13. O Come, All Ye Faithful
14. O Christmas Tree
15. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
16. O Holy Night
17. Jolly Old St. Nicholas
18. Foom, Foom, Foom
19. Jingle Bells
20. There's A Song In The Air
21. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly
22. Silent Night

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the remasters!
    Your friendly nearby WB collector in Ft Myers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fort Myers, eh? You've got some nice Goodwill stores there on the north side of the river. Not so much on the southside, although I haven't spent as much time on that side. I always wind up on the stupid bridge and on the wrong side of the river... :(

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I live in N. Ft Myers. (use exit 143 to avoid the city).
    I donated about 1/2 of my LP collection to a Goodwill up north before we moved here. I have seen some Goodwill stores here, but don't dare go shopping. Very limited storage space. MP3's fit better here. Thanks for helping with those!
    Frank (no Google ID)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Ernie, these are some terrific shares. Many thanks from Memphis. You mentioned some other old Warner stuff you can't share because they're already available on CD. Would you mind listing them so I can purchase them from Amazon? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phlo-I believe if you look close, I linked to my old posts about those LPs. And someone reminded me this morning of an old Warner LP I had recorded and forgot to share. I hope to get to that one this evening, so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks, Ernie - for all that trouble! I am the one who sent it to you earlier and I had faith that I would see it here one day - I am sure your rip of it will be much better than the one I tried to make myself. Looking forward to hearing it in all its glory once again.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan-Thank you so much for sending me this record. I had no idea it existed. Sorry it took me so long to get it out there, though. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this was years ago, but any chance you could re-upload the files for this LP? I had this record when I was a little kid and it would sure bring back some happy Christmas memories! I've been searching everywhere for it and you are the closest I can find!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...