Sunday, December 12, 2010

Part 4-Solo

This is the fourth part of tonight's trilogy dedicated to the organ and chime work of Norman Wright and Charles Kendall.  Only difference this time is that Norman Wright isn't along for the ride.  I was able to find a stereo copy of this one, though, but it's a reissue on the Word label from a few years later.  The Word reissue came out in 1972, but I couldn't find a date for the original issue on Dot.  The Word cover is a pretty poor copy of the Dot original, too, so I scanned in a mono copy of the Dot cover just so you can see what it's supposed to look like.  I have a small story to tell you about recording this one.  It was the first thing I recorded one morning, and I guess I'd been recording singles the night before.  I recorded the whole thing, both sides, even cut it into tracks before I realized it was on 45 RPM and not 33.  I think it may have sounded better at 45, to tell you the truth.  A faster tempo never hurts these organ & chime records.  I almost shared that version with you just for kicks, but I didn't do it.  If you want to hear it that way, there are plenty of software programs you can download to change the speed of a recording.  Anyhow, you can finish up your collection by downloading Dr. Charles Kendall-Christmas Chimes (Word WST-8488-LP, Stereo, 1972), a reissue of Dot DLP 3083.

1. Adeste Fideles
2. O Little Town of Bethlehem
3. What Child Is This
4. Joy To The World
5. While Shepherds Watch'd Their Flocks
6. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
7. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
8. O Tannenbaum
9. Away In A Manger
10. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
11. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
12. O Come, O Come Emmanuel
13. The First Noel
14. There's A Song In The Air
15. Fairest Lord Jesus
16. Harken All
17. Infant Holy
18. Deck The Halls
19. Love Came Down
20. Silent Night

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

2 comments:

  1. "Susanni"

    I'm not sure how the song's title is spelled... When I was a kid (way back then) we had a german language album with that song (others Christmas type songs also}... if you have that in your enormous, generously shared collection... could you share that?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...