Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Staten Island Remembers


This is the memorial built on Staten Island to those killed on 9/11. It's not far from the terminal for the Staten Island Ferry and it faces Manhattan, which I think you can see off in the distance in the picture above (or maybe that's Jersey City). Many names are inscribed on it, but I don't know if they are all the victims or only those that have a connection with Staten Island. I was actually there on 9/11 in 2008, but I missed the ceremony that had taken place earlier in the day.



I read somewhere about a similar memorial in Jersey City that has some connection with Russia, but I didn't see it. I'll have to make it a point of seeking that out next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...