Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lil Blue


One of the few local waterfront species I haven't shown you already today is this little blue heron. He was a shy fellow, not holding still when I tried to take his picture. But I did get a couple of shot when he was on an old post out in the water. That's the city of Sarasota in the background of both shots. In the picture below, you can see the big purple Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, a local landmark. Well, I think it's a landmark because they painted it purple, but it seems to have worked. Sorry about the darkness of this guy. They are naturally quite dark, and it was getting late. The city behind him is well lit, though. Perhaps I should have tried a flash. Didn't think of that. I have so much to learn when it comes to taking good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...