Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Arc Reactor 1

I feel like I've been lacking in good solid themes for a bit, but I've got a pretty good one for today. All the records I've got here in the pile are on the Arc label, a budget outfit from Canada. They seem to have released something for everyone as I hope you'll see as the day progresses. I start off with an old remaster, something I first shared out back in 2012. It's not the best record ever, but it's not as bad as I remember it. It's clearly a hodge-podge of styles, likely thrown together from scraps of others recording sessions. But if you look hard enough, perhaps you can find something worth listening to. This is The Embassy Chorale And Soloists-Little Drummer Boy And Other Christmas Hits (Arc (Canada) AC 4, Mono). Great spell check fail right there on the cover...

1. Little Drummer Boy
2. Mary's Boy Child
3. Little Donkey
4. Away In The Manger
5. Come Landlord Fill The Flowing Bowl
6. The Village Of St. Bernadette
7. White Christmas
8. Jingle Bells
9. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
10. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
11. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
12. Bless This House

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. "Come Landlord Fill the Flowing Bowl"? Sounds like a plumbing issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. Seems to have been a popular college chorus selection for a while though. Not sure why.

      Delete

  2. No wonder I couldn't find that village! It's probably for the best though--I don't trust that landlord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernie, it is interesting. I have downloaded most of your music, but I didn't happen to have the old copy of this. I do however have another album, White Christmas by the group "The Golden Ring Singers And Orchestra" also on Arc Canada. They sound exactly the same. Makes me wonder which was the actual group? Also, maybe it was just a studio group?
    Interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be surprised if this label recycled and reused tracks ad infinitum...

      Delete
  4. Discogs says there's a stereo version. Do you think that's so?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...