Monday, December 11, 2023

Night To Day

Following up on that last post from Dennis Day, I found this record and thought I had something special. All the info and photos of a contemporary Dennis Day led me to believe these were later recordings. But a close listen reveals they are not, it's mostly just the tracks from that other LP I shared, along with a couple of more religious oriented songs that may or may not be Christmas. And it's all bathed in a think cream rinse of reverb which really gives the game away. I thought something had gone wrong with the recording process, but it's supposed to sound like he's singing to you from the bottom of a well I guess. So if you want to compare and contrast, be my guest. Otherwise, you can skip this one and I won't feel too bad about it. This is Dennis Day-Christmas Winterland (AKA I Heard The Christmas Bells) (Glendale GL6029, Stereo, 1983)

1. Jingle Bells
2. Away In A Manger
3. White Christmas
4. Panis Angelicus
5. Christmas Is For The Family
6. O Come All Ye Faithful
7. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
8. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
9. We Three Kings
10. I Heard The Christmas Bells
11. Agnus Dei
12. Toyland
13. Silent Night

MEGA

2 comments:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...