Sunday, December 23, 2018

Ten Inch Suns

I found this record last weekend, and I figured I'd go ahead and get it posted up this season since it was so nice.  I shared this record out with you many years ago in it's 3x7" version, from it's original year of release, 1949.  But I found this super-clean version of the 10" release from 1951 and knew this was my new master.  I didn't even have to clean it before I played it, it was that clean.  I've had brand new vinyl pulled from the shrink wrap that had more clicks and pops than this did.  With a little bit of noise reduction, I'm ready to share it out. This is The Three Suns Present Your Christmas Favorites (RCA Victor 10" 33 RPM LPM 52, Mono, 1951). It's short but sweet.  And it pairs up really nicely with that single we shared just the other day.

1. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
2. White Christmas (From The Paramount Film "Holiday Inn")
3. Silent Night
4. Jingle Bells
5. Winter Wonderland
6. Adeste Fideles (O Come, All Ye Faithful)

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. It seems to me I have another 10-incher by them. Or maybe it's the same one in another cover. I'll have to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Christmas Party. That may be the one you're thinking of.

    http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2005/12/one-sun.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another great record from the early days of the group! While I much prefer the Ding Dong Dandy Christmas take on White Christmas, this version of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town I like a little more than the Ding Dong Dandy Christmas version in my book. Nice reverential version of "O Come All Ye Faithful." Even though this is slightly more tame than some of their later records, it is still very enjoyable. Again, Morty Nevins has got some great accordion work on this album. I found a 78 album a few years ago that had two non-Suns Christmas 78s in it, then last year, I found the 4-song RCA EP version from 1953-54. I have yet to find the full-length 10" version like you have here, and in such good shape! Thanks for keepin the "Suns' Christmas music alive for future generations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one, and not at all common, though it does show up here and there. Good luck in your hunt. I think there was also a 45 RPM box, that was the version I first encountered and ripped years ago.

      Delete
  4. Found one 45 from the box set version of the record--"White Christmas" and "Winter Wonderland"--before I found the other two versions mentioned in my previous comment. It is still in the collection today.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...