Friday, December 28, 2018

One And A Half Ferraris

Here's a remaster of a good organ record I brought to you way back in 2008 that I figured I'd bring you today. I know not all of you are fans of the big organ, but it's well after Christmas at this point and I don't have a lot of stuff left in my sack. Larry Ferrari was a TV institution in Philly for many, many years, playing that organ every chance he got. During that time, I know of two Christmas records he made, and a whole bunch of non-Christmas stuff that's not nearly so interesting.  For the curious, this is Larry Ferrari-I Wish You The Merriest (Sure Music Volume 703, Mono).

1. We Need A Little Christmas
2. Sleigh Ride
3. Medley-It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! and Reprise: It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
4. Silver Bells
5. You're All I Want For Christmas
6. Medley-Christmas Bells, I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day and Reprise: Christmas Bells
7. Winter Wonderland
8. Little Drummer Boy
9. We Wish You The Merriest
10. Medley-There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays and I'll Be Home For Christmas
11. White Christmas
12. Medley-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, Jingle Bells and Frosty The Snowman
13. The Christmas Song
14. Blue Christmas

MEGA
For the curious among you, here's part of a Christmas album recorded by Larry one year before the one shown above, and this one's in stereo.  However, one of the tracks just would not cooperate, and I couldn't get a decent file out of it no matter what I tried.  So it's only a partial share, sort of a place holder until I get a better copy.  And it's taken an awful long time to find this one, so don't hold your breath.  The one up top was something I shared in 2008, and I've not seen another copy since that time, so his records don't show up here in Florida very much.  I was in Philadelphia for a day earlier this year but didn't have any time to visit a Goodwill store between the Liberty Bell and the museums, so I don't know if perhaps they're more common up there.  Maybe next year...  Anyhow, here is a partial copy of Larry Ferrari-Merry Christmas Carols (Sure SS Volume 701, Stereo, 1965).

1. Deck The Halls; Good King Wenceslas
2. What Child Is This?; It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
3. Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful)
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; Away In A Manger (This track ain't there, it skipped badly)
5. O Holy Night
6. Joy To The World; Little Town Of Bethlehem; Joy To The World
7. Hark The Herald Angels Sing; Silent Night
8. O Tannenbaum; We Three Kings; The First Noel

MEGA

7 comments:

  1. Please Ernie sharing "Geoff Love - Christmas With Love" that is a great album ...
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skipping track must have been really bad if you couldn't get it to cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Multiple skips, that's the problem. I'm not immune to it, as much as I like to think I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. skips? heck, i just used to put a nickel on top of the needle. if that didn't work, then a quarter. and if that didn't work, a fifty-cent piece.


    can't seem to find any fifty-cent pieces any more. gone the way of the silver dollar, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True. The only 50 cent piece you hear about now is 50 Cent, the rapper. LOL
    Thanks for these shares, and welcome back Barba.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey all! i've uploaded a clean (skip-free) rip of "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen / Away In A Manger" from my own copy of this LP, if you'd like it... https://wetransfer.com/downloads/424e0b18c1c6e2b328c3a846cd50164020190107021852/cad740476ea6d120bfb29de685b1523c20190107021852/c2010c

    thanks for everything you do Ernie!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...