Friday, December 28, 2018

Random Westminsters

You might remember how much I love the Christmas music put out in the early days of the Westminster label.  One of the things that introduced me to that music was this label sampler from 1956.  One or two tracks from each of those early releases showed up here and gave a really good introduction to the label.  It's taken me years, but I think I finally have all of the records sampled here. (I don't think I've shared them all because some things are better left unshared, if you know what I mean... Plus I can't find what I did with a couple of them.) I first shared this record out in 2005, remastered it in 2012, and I've re-encoded it for you just last night.  This is A Christmas Sampler-Selections From Outstanding Westminster Christmas Releases (Westminster WP S-2, Mono, 1956).

1. Dick Leibert-White Christmas
2. Cathedral Bellringers-Birthday Of A King
3. Collegium Musicam-Adeste Fideles
4. Ferrante & Teicher-Sleigh Ride
5. Deutschmeister Band-God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
6. Robert Locksmith & Robert Owen-O Holy Night
7. Dick Leibert-What Child Is This (Greensleeves)
8. Randolph Singers-The First Noel
9. Brooklyn Museum Children's Chorus-Joy To The World
10. Randolph Singers-We Three Kings Of Orient Are
11. Gordon Myers-O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
12. Basil Rathbone-Isaiah 40, 1-5
13. Carl Weinrich-Lord, Through Thy Goodness (Bach)
14. Vienna Akademie Kammerchor-Silent Night

MEGA

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...