Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The Return of Chimeatron!

Here's a weird remaster for you of something I first shared way, way back in 2008. I was pretty excited at the time to have found a record that promised "Chimes by Chimeatron", but it wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. It's pretty much just your standard organ & chimes LP, perhaps a bit slower than most, but nothing special. I still think about it occasionally, and decided to revisit it this year when I was looking for stuff to redo. It's not as bad as I remember, but that may just be because I'm older and can appreciate some things that I didn't like when I was younger. At least this time I got a stereo cover, though I believe my old copy had stereo sound in the grooves with a mono jacket and labels. Quality control and all that... Anyhow, this is your daily remaster, George Chiainia At The Organ And Chimes-Chimes By "Chimeatron"-Music Of The Holiday Season (Colonial ST-LP-772, Stereo, 1965). You might remember the Colonial label from some of those international records I shared yesterday. There was a six-page catalog in this record that listed many of the other releases on Colonial at the time, and I couldn't find any of those Christmas releases on it. So I'm guessing they must date after this one. There's a copy of that catalog in the download if you'd like to take a look. I love to find ephemera inside record jackets, and always try to scan it so you can enjoy it as well.

1. White Christmas
2. O Come All Ye Faithful
3. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
4. Oh Holy Night
5. Joy To The World
6. Angels We Have Heard On High
7. Away In The Manger
8. Noel
9. Silent Night
10. Jingle Bells
11. Oh How Joyfully
12. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
13. In Dulce Jubilo
14. Beautiful Savior
15. We Three Kings
16. Lo How A Rose

MEGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...