Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Brass Monkey 5

Last but not least, this is the only LP from the Galliard players that's not on MHS. It's on Golden Crest, which is only a couple steps above a budget label. Well, maybe not that bad, but not great. I had to do a little work to convince myself that these were unique tracks, and I believe they are, though there are certainly some titles duplicated here and there. A welcome addition to the catalog, and the last one I have for you. This is The Galliard Brass Ensemble-Christmas Brass (Golden Crest CRS-4212, Stereo, 1981). Yes, this has the same name as the first record of theirs I shared with you, but again, I don't think it's a duplicate.

1. O Come, All Ye Faithful
2. Deck The Hall
3. Sussex Carol
4. Rejoice And Be Merry (Gallery Carol)
5. The Christmas Song
6. The Carnal And The Crane
7. Joy To The World
8. Once In Royal David's City
9. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
10. Patapan
11. Hodie Christus Natus Est
12. Wexford Carol
13. Here Comes Santa Claus
14. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
15. Ding Dong Merrily On High
16. Linden Tree Carol
17. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
18. Rejoice In The Lord Alway (SIC)
19. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. Ernie, at first glance... this cover reminded me of "Canadian Brass", but it isn't. That's alright. It would be awesome if you could possibly post some of "Canadian Brass" also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Canadian Brass are too big of a group for me to post here, their stuff should be easy to download and stream from the usual places. I ripped a couple/three of their CDs just the other day for my listening pleasure. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...