Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Producers

I think this is the only production record I have to share with you this year. I had quite a few last year, but nothing other than this one has turned up for me this year. I was looking at a handful of them on Discogs just the other day, but I drug my heels for a few days and they sold right out from under me. You gotta be quick on the trigger for stuff sometimes. But that's neither here nor there, you just want some cool Christmas music. Well, this record has some cool short synthesizer-heavy Christmas bits for you that I think you'll enjoy. Each artist gets a side, and I'm sure you'll be able to tell the two styles apart. This is Anthony Mawer & Geoff Bastow-Merry Christmas (JW Music Library (England) JW 477, Stereo, 1976).

1. Anthony Mawer-Festive Season (a) Deck The Halls
2. Anthony Mawer-Festive Season (b) Ding Dong Merrily
3. Anthony Mawer-Festive Season (c) Good King
4. Anthony Mawer-Three Ships - Three Kings
5. Anthony Mawer-Carols Of The Nativity (a) The First Nowell
6. Anthony Mawer-Carols Of The Nativity (b) Hark The Herald Angels Sing
7. Anthony Mawer-Carols Of The Nativity (c) Adeste Fideles
8. Anthony Mawer-Tree Tops Glisten
9. Anthony Mawer-Snowmobile
10. Anthony Mawer-Winter Sunshine
11. Anthony Mawer-Lullaby For Christmas Eve
12. Geoff Bastow-Jingle Bells
13. Geoff Bastow-De Holly An' De Ivy
14. Geoff Bastow-Ho Ho Ho!!
15. Geoff Bastow-12th Day Of Christmas
16. Geoff Bastow-God Rest Ye
17. Geoff Bastow-Yule Train

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to make this same comment but even though this says stereo, it's very mono. How are you ripping these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. After further listening, it seems it varies per track, so apparently that's how it was originally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sound is also pretty dodgy on a few of the tracks, that's just the way it was. :(

      Delete
  3. I love these production records!! I think I grabbed all of them last year and, while I haven't done anything special yet working them into mixes per se, I love when randomly they pop up when shuffled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's why I like 'em. A track just shows up at random and it's great. Same with the celebrity greetings.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...