Saturday, December 02, 2023

Christmas Key

Another Christmas remaster here, this time from a rare single-sided record pressed on pretty green vinyl. Well, OK, you got me. The record does actually have two sides (thank you, Euclidean geometry), but there's only music pressed onto the one side. I guess it was cheaper to manufacture that way. I first shared this way, way back in 2006, and I re-ripped and remastered it this year just for you! It's some good singing by a chorus of employees with Kenyon & Eckhardt, a large mid-century ad agency that employed an awful lot of people. The roll call on the back of the LP details who all the members of the group were, as well as their position within the company and it's a pretty long list. I'm sure this will look and sound better than what I did 17 years ago, so be sure to download this new version. This is Merry Christmas With The KE-Notes (Original Sound Studios for Kenyon & Eckhardt OSS-2267 One Sided Transparent Green Vinyl, Mono, 1959). Enjoy!

1. Introduction by Bill Lewis
2. Deck The Halls
3. O How Lovely Is The Evening
4. Joy To The World
5. Silent Night
6. Carol Of The Bells
7. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
8. The First Noel
9. O Holy Night
10. Angels We Have Heard On High
11. Adeste Fideles
12. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. KE is no longer around but it was Ford's agency for many years, including when this album was issued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they left us this little memento. I should link to my Ford Going Thing share, which I think you've shared also.
      https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2016/12/going-again.html

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...