Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Brass Monkey 1

One of the things I wanted to find this season was an album of Christmas brass that was as fun as the one I shared last year by a band that used to perform at Disneyland. Of course their band was all tubas, and I think that adds a little something special to the mix, but trombones, trumpets and French horns can bring their own special thing to a song. I don't think I've succeeded in finding anything quite as good as The Mighty Tubadours, but there are some good moments in all the records I'm about to share. Give them all a listen, pull together your favorites and you'll have quite a good listen. First up is The Annapolis Brass Quintet-The Spirit Of Christmas Brassed (Richardson RRS-5, Stereo, 1977). They'll really get you in the spirit!

1. Crisp English Carol Medley: Deck The Halls; Gloucestershire Wassail; Wassail Song
2. Adeste Fideles
3. Joy To The World
4. El Cant Dels Ocells (Song Of The Bells)
5. Swiss Chansons
6. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
7. O Come, Emanuel
8. A Spanish Medley: Las Posades; Ya Viene Lavieta; A La Nanita Nana
9. The First Nowell
10. Good King Wenceslas
11. O Holy Night
12. Von Himmel Hoch, Da Komm' Ich Her (From Heaven Above I Come To Earth)
13. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I think this is going to make a nice addition to the work 'Christmas Music' collection this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ernie :)
    I downloaded this album years ago, and didn't realize until today, that over half of the tracks were entered wrong. You're version is so much better, and better sound quality. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite the job to get all the track tags entered, and I've gotten my fair share of them wrong. And occasionally what's in the grooves doesn't match the label. Those always take some doing to figure out. Glad I got this one right!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...