Monday, December 17, 2018

Songs Of The Season X 4

I've been putting this one off for a while now, because it's such a pain to explain.  Basically, it's a one record that comes in at least four different versions, and I've managed to collection all four of them!  I'm only going to post the cover once because they all look the same.  Only a close inspection of the back side of the album or the labels would give away the secret that they aren't all the same record.  Each record features ten different artists giving you a holiday greeting (all from just a few different scripts) followed by a song.  Sometimes the person doing the introduction isn't the one who performs the song, I guess the artist wasn't available or something.  But it's usually an artist and their art.  There is some overlap from one record to the next, but not too much, and they all have some unique content.  This sort of thing is right up my alley, so I hope it's up yours as well.  These are Songs For The Season (Narwood Productions For The US Army Reserve, Stereo).  If these look familiar, I think I shared them all out one at a time back in 2016 (1, 2, 3, 4).

Number 1

1. Mel Torme
2. Danny Davis
3. Patti Page
4. Tex Ritter
5. Sandler & Young
6. Skitch Henderson
7. Liberace
8. The Lettermen
9. Hank Thompson
10. Anne Murray

MEGA

Number 2

1. Andy Williams
2. Eydie Gorme
3. Danny Davis
4. The Lettermen
5. Vic Damone
6. Jack Jones
7. Lena Horne
8. Hank Thompson
9. Booker T.
10. Johnny Mathis


Number 3

1. Frank Sinatra
2. Henry Mancini
3. Nancy Wilson
4. Sergio Franchi
5. The Miracles
6. Steve Lawrence
7. Anthony Newley
8. Freddie Hart
9. Stan Kenton
10. Jerry Vale


Number 4

1. Jerry Vale
2. Susan Raye
3. Mel Torme
4. Ferlin Husky
5. Bob Haggart (World's Greatest Jazz Band)
6. Glen Campbell
7. Sammy Cahn
8. Buck Owens
9. Ray Conniff
10. Ernest Tubb

MEGA

Now, the million dollar question, are there any more in this series?  I haven't seen any, but that doesn't mean much.  Anybody seen another one? I didn't find these all together, by the way.  I found them one at a time, and I kept thinking this cover looks familiar...

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen any of these. Nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Thank you! Thank you! I lost these. I love this kind of Christmas record.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...