Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Austria!

Have I shared anything from Austria with you this year?  I don't remember, it's been a crazy month. Nope, doesn't look like it, so this is a good thing to reshare from back in 2012. And not just reshare it, but I re-encoded it to make it sound just a bit better than ever!  Long-time readers of the blog will recall how much I love some of the old stuff on the Westminster label.  I keep finding more and more of it, but it's getting fewer and farther between.  Just this weekend, I picked up new copies of a couple things I've previously shared, but I'm hoping they're in better shape than my old copies.  Plus I couldn't pass them up at a dollar each!  Don't think this was one of them, though, so this rip is going to have to do for a while. This is Vienna Akademie Kammerchor-Conducted By Günther Theuring-Christmas Carols From Austria (Westminster WP 6019, Mono, 1956).

1. Stille Nacht (Silent Night)
2. In Dulci Jubilo
3. Es Ist Ein Reis Entsprungen (Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming)
4. O Du Fröhliche (O Thou Joyful)
5. Joseph, Lieber Joseph Mein (Joseph, My Loving Joseph)
6. Der Engel Sprach (The Angel Spoke To The Shepherds)
7. Von Himmel Hoch (From Heaven Above)
8. Congratulamini Nunc Omnes (Now Let Us All Rejoice)
9. Es Blühen Die Maien (The Mayflowers Are Blooming)
10. Es Wird Scho Glei Dumpa (It Will Soon Be Dark)
11. Heissa Buama (Hey, Boys)
12. O Jesulein Zart (O Sweet Little Jesus)
13. Es Hat Sich Halt Eröffnet (The Heavenly Gate Has Opened)
14. Still, Still (Hush, Hush)
15. O Jubel, O Freud (O Joy, O Gladness)
16. Schlaf, Schlaf (Sleep, Sleep)
17. Kommts Her Ihr Hirten (Come Here, You Shpherds)
18. Andachtsjodler (Devotional Christmas Yodel)
19. Stacherl (Eustace)

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. all these re-ups have had me continually scouring the hard drive trying to find out whether i downloaded them years ago or not. i know, i know. i’m supposed to REMEMBER these things. but i don’t. my elmer fudd keeps kicking in. anyway, i use windows 7 and the search feature on it is lousy. a while back, someone showed me a little freeware program called “everything”, which searches just that… everything you got (hard drives, soft drives, flash drives, external hard drives, etc) and gives you complete results instantaneously. works great. and you can open your results or otherwise work on the files right there. small clean legal download... no funny business. i just wondered if someone else out there was in the same situation as me and was trying to search with that awful windows thing. if interested, you can download the “everything” program here:

    http://voidtools.com/

    if you don’t like it, simply uninstall it. but i’ve found it to be most useful (and as of late, most necessary) i keep it pinned to my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just download it all and sort out the bodies later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tour around the world and America.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. That's what I'm doing, grabbing it all. I'll get rid of my repeats and old encodes later. Thank you. I'll look, Barba, at that Everything program too though.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...