Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Unheard Billy

I know you're tired of these organ records, but I just can't help myself.  Here's one that has probably been unavailable for years and was only limited availability when it was new.  Where else are you going to find this stuff?  And on shiny red vinyl, too!  I love this stuff, and you should too!  This is Billy Buswell At The Console Of The "Mighty Wurlitzer"-Christmas At The Console (Audio Visual Arts Inc. U-23173/4 "This Record Is Not For Sale" Clear Red Vinyl, Mono). I seem to recall there were no track listing on this one, in fact, there was nothing on the flip side at all.  I was able to figure out all the songs except for the very last track, so if anyone can tell me what this is, please let me know.

1. Deck The Halls; Good King Wenceslas; It Came Upon The Midnight Clear; The First Noel
2. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town; Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer; Winter Wonderland
3. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; We Three Kings; Oh Come All Ye Faithful
4. Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
5. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear; Away In A Manger; Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem; Joy To The World
6. Jingle Bells
7. What Child Is This?; Silent Night; O Holy Night
8. The Christmas Song; Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!; White Christmas
9. Medley

MEGA

7 comments:

  1. ANYTHING on a mighty Wurlitzer is a treasure in my playlist. Thanks for another rarity, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Don, I just love it when they credit the "Mighty Wurlitzer."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to add my three cheers for the Mighty Wurlitzer. (I just happened to see and hear a 1910-era automatic carnival Wurlitzer "band in a box" organ in action last night.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Music for the carousel is provided by a restored 1925 146B Wurlitzer Military band organ capable of duplicating the sound of a large band, generating up to 90 decibels of sound. This is the exact same model and style that accompanied the carousel rides at Playland in Vancouver."

    http://www.burnabyvillagemuseum.ca/EN/main/village/carousel.html#wurlitzer

    ReplyDelete
  5. George - I love those things! (At least for a short period of time).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mighty indeed! The only song I can identify in the medley in the last track is the first one: The Rocking Carol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqKTFtCZVGk
    Thank you for this and all the other vintage goodness this season, Ernie! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...