Saturday, December 31, 2011

Not Done Yet

Nope, not done, not close to being done. But I am a little limited by what I've scanned already and what I haven't. I've got to spend a few hours in front of a scanner some time sooner to give me some more raw materials.  But I should be good for a little while longer.  When I flip through a stack of records, I'm always looking for something I haven't seen before.  It's a bit impractical to listen to records in the back of a dirty thrift store, so you have to depend on covers and names to find interesting items.  When I saw this one, I knew it was a cover I hadn't seen before, and a label I didn't know much about, so I took the chance and paid my dollar.  It's nothing special, but I'm hoping it's something that you haven't seen or heard, either.  The A side is by The Gabriel Singers and the B side is one really long medley credited only to Organ and Violin.  I'm not remembering any violin Christmas music I've shared recently, so this is a little off the beaten path.  Hopefully you'll enjoy Christmas Carols (Remington R-199-153, Mono).

1. O Come All Ye Faithful
2. The Holly And The Ivy
3. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem
4. God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
5. Joy To The World
6. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
7. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
8. On Christmas Night
9. Christmas Medley: Oh Holy Night, We Three Kings Of Orient Are, Joy To The World, Good King Wenceslas, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, Jingle Bells

MediaFire
Wait, I think there's a violin song here.

1 comment:

  1. Ernie,

    What a great Blog! Your shares have provided the christmas soundtrack to our home this year. The kids loved it, friends and relatives asking where I got these vintage tunes. Thanks for sharing the Christmas Spirit! Have a great 2012!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...