Thursday, December 29, 2011

Carillon!

I don't think I've brought you near enough Christmas music performed on a carillon this year, and as the web's leading purveyor of such music, that just can't abide.  So here's a good one that's sure to be a favorite, if for nothing more than the great cover.  Dollars to donuts, you're going to see that cover used on somebody's mix CD next year.  Wait and see!  And if you use it, you'd better send me a copy!  And it's on a great label for Christmas music, too.  Westminster put out some great stuff in the early years of the LP, most of which has not seen the digital light of day.  I'm doing my best to change that, but these things take time.  I can think of at least two Christmas LPs on the label that I've only seen on the back of other sleeves, or sampled on label comps.  So I've got my work cut out for me yet.  (Now that I think of it, I've got an empty sleeve for one of them, and a record for the other with no sleeve.  And no, they didn't come together like that!).  Anyhow, this is Robert Locksmith & Robert Owen-Carillon For Christmas (Westminster WP 6020, Mono, 1956).  What fun those recording sessions must have been.  Robert, do this, Robert, you're a little flat, no, not you Robert...

1. O Holy Night
2. Good King Wenceslas
3. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
4. Joy To The World
5. Deck The Halls
6. Silent Night
7. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
8. O Come All Ye Faithful
9. What Child Is This
10. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
11. Away In A Manger
12. The First Nowell
13. Jingle Bells
14. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
15. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
16. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. Gracias, hermoso carillon. Alegre Navidad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GRACIAS POR TODA LA EXCELENTE MUSICA, INFORMACION Y FOTOGRAFIAS, LES DESEO, A TI Y A LOS TUYOS, LO MEJOR PARA EL AÑO QUE VIENE.
    ESTEBAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I have something that you may be interested in but I cannot figure out how to contract you other than leaving a comment. Is there a way to contact you in re: a carillon record that I've discovered? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...