Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Snappy Dressers

The season is over for the most part, but I'm trying to keep the spirit going. At least at this point, I can be pretty sure that I'm the only person who's going to be sharing this out. Of course, when it comes to this record, I was pretty sure I was going to be the only one, anyway.  Anybody ever heard of The DECA Blazers?  Me neither.  Which of course meant I had to buy it and share it.  I think it was a sort of club for young people who wanted to grow up to work in the clothing industry.  I don't have the LP in front of me, and I'm too lazy to pull up my own scans and read them, but that's what I remember about this.  Distributive Education Clubs of America, that's what the DECA stands for.  So maybe it's geared towards future salesmen of any sort, not just clothes.  Eventually, someone will stop by the blog and explain it for all of us, but until then, I know you want to download and listen to The DECA Blazers, Arranged And Conducted By Bob Lowden-Merry Christmas (Distributive Education Clubs Of America/Melrose DBX, Stereo, 1968).

1. Joy To The World
2. While By My Sheep
3. Carol Of The Bells
4. Angels We Have Heard On High
5. I Wonder As I Wander
6. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
7. What Child Is This?
8. Carol Of The Drum
9. Silent Night
10. O Come All Ye Faithful
11. The Holly And The Ivy
12. Stars Of Ice
13. Go Tell It On The Mountain
14. Carol Noel
15. O Tannenbaum
16. Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
17. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
18. First Noel

MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. Gotta get me one of those blazers! Really nice font on the "Merry Christmas" with the little pictures in the letters. Thanks for keeping the spirit alive, Ernie. You could keep going until June for all I care. Now, do I dare download this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie, Why is it these out of the way little known works have some of the best music?

    Thanks for keeping the sharing spirit alive not just in the run up to but during the actual 12 days of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the extra shares -- I love this kind of thing. I remember when my husband was teaching high school English in southern Minnesota that there was a fellow teacher involved with DECA, I am not sure whether it was a club or an actual school program, but I do think it was a vocational/preparation for work kind of thing. Didn't know they had a choir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ernie! For both a great year of sharing and also for keeping it going. I'm not done yet!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...