Saturday, December 24, 2011

Better Lester


How about a remaster that isn't from 2005?  Here's one from 2008, which was itself a stereo re-recording of something first shared in mono back in 2006.  But it's still not from 2005, so we're good.  This is bandleader Lester Lanin, who was getting on up there at this point, but perhaps not so up-there as Sammy Kaye.  But he still had plenty of chops, as you'll hear if you download this 2011 remaster of  Lester Lanin And His Orchestra-Christmas Dance Party (Epic BN 547, Stereo, 1959).

1. Jingle Bells
2. White Christmas; I'll Be Home For Christmas; Home For The Holidays; Happy Holiday
3. Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairies
4. Here Comes Santa Claus; Frosty The Snowman
5. Silver Bells; Oh, Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum); We Wish You A Merry Christmas
6. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
7. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
8. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly; The Wassail Song; Good King Wenceslas
9. Christmas Night In Harlem
10. The Christmas Song; I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day; Christmas In Killarney
11. Winter Wonderland
12. Sleigh Ride
13. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!; Auld Lang Syne; A Hot Time In The Old Time Tonight

MediaFire

Yes, same deal as most of my other remasters this year, new music but old artwork.

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ernie. This is one of my favorite finds from your site. I look forward to hearing the remastered version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' these remasters. Thank you Ernie and thank you ClickRepair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This album has become one of my favorites since you first shared it out. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very much after the fact, but I have been looking for this album EVERYWHERE. I heard Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies on my Sirius radio this past Christmas season, but I could NOT find this album on the U.S. iTunes store (just the Canadian and Australian ones, which I couldn't access since I'm in the U.S.!). Amazon had one copy of the CD for sale for nearly $100, which I just can't justify. After much searching, I came across your blog and wanted to thank you so very much for the share of this album, you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across his version of the Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairies on an Sony "Classic Christmas" CD with a bunch of other old Columbia holiday songs of various artists. This is the first place I came too looking for it, and of course you have it! Would love a reshare of this one, a very jazzy approach!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...