Saturday, December 24, 2011

Remastered Ruth

I'm on a roll here, this is the fourth remaster I've thrown up this morning!  Another of my shares from that great first year here, Ruth Welcome was a welcome surprise, playing Christmas music on the somewhat exotic zither.  It's very mellow, but it's nice relaxing background music.  I re-recorded a nice copy this year, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had some scans I made last year after a failed remastering attempt.  So I dropped the scans from last year in with the music from this year, and here you go!  (That front cover image is still too dark compared to the original.  I've got a lot to learn when it comes to color matching and image manipulation).  This is the 2011 remastered edition of Ruth Welcome-Christmas In Zitherland (Capitol ST 1782, Stereo, 1962).

1. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear/Lo, How A Rose Is Blooming/Angels And Shepherds
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem/What Child Is This?/O Come Little Children/Away In A Manger
3. O Holy Night/Coventry Carol/Angels From The Realms Of Glory/Silent Night
4. Jingle Bells/Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
5. I'll Be Home For Christmas
6. Silver Bells
7. The Christmas Song
8. Winter Wonderland
9. White Christmas

MediaFire
Those of you familiar with the old share might notice that I left the medleys in medley form this time. Six years ago I was of a different mindset, so I cut them into their individual songs. I'm more historical-minded now, and don't believe in such meddling. Unless it suites my purposes, of course, and then I don't mind so much.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful music in your blog,Mr.Ernie.I'm downloading Ruth Welcome-Christmas In Zitherland and is simply wonderful.Great work Ernie.If you have Zither South Of The Border.Thanks for your time...
    I wish you a Happy Christmas...
    greetings from the mountains of the south of CHILE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album is great! Thank you for gifting so much great music. I downloaded a lot of things, but sadly, I commented rarely. My first New Years resolution has got to be: Leave more comments on the blogs of kindhearted sharing people.
    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what you're saying, Ernie, is....

    Um....

    Yeah.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...