Saturday, December 24, 2011

Disco Down On Christmas Eve

Yes, I am as surprised as you that there are still disco Christmas albums out there that I don't have. Singles, yes, lots, but full albums, that's a shock.  As usually happens with these things though, someone will do a comparison with some other disco Christmas record and determine it's been released 14 times on 13 different labels as 4 different groups.  But maybe not.  It's Christmas Eve, and this could be a minor Christmas miracle.  Like me getting my Christmas shopping done.  It could still happen.  I found this in a stack of dirty records in a dirty store up in Tampa.  I think they wanted $2 for it and I talked them down to $1.  I'm cheap, what can I say.  But no one should have to pay $2 for crummy old disco.  OK, that's enough trash talk, it's really not that bad, even though it's geared towards kids.  I guess that means they leave off the bump and grind noises you might get on a Giorgio Moroder song.  For the kiddies, this is The Kid Stuff Repertory Company-A Disco Christmas (Kid Stuff KSD 024, Stereo, 1979).

1. Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reindeer
2. Jingle Bells
3. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
4. Frosty The Snowman
5. Sleigh Ride
6. Jingle Bells Rock
7. White Christmas
8. The Twelve Days Of Christmas

MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...