Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Famousness

I got a couple of mentions in the press today, which led a few extra people to the old blog site.  First up was a mention in The Guardian, a UK paper or magazine or website, or all three, perhaps.  I was in the online edition today, and I think the article is supposed to appear in the print version tomorrow.  I've gotten a few extra hits from the online mention, but I don't expect much from the print version.  Very few people type in URLs from the newspaper.

Also of note, one of my recent posts was mentioned over at PCL Linkdump, which generated a few extra hits as well.  I mention this mostly because it was a mention over there back in 2006 that really helped spread word of my Christmas shares around the internet and brought me to the attention of a lot of you folks who were looking for some great Christmas music.  So thanks to those folks!

Hmmm, this seems somehow familiar...

5 comments:

  1. Impressive! Your fame keeps spreading. Couldn't happen to a finer fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Did you get any kind of advance notice?

    Your latest blog post (Word LP) shows up in Google News, by the way. Just reporting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Google "News" search, to be more specific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ERNIE (yes, I am yelling at you) -- YOU NEED A TIP JAR. People can't send you a few pence any way that is convenient. You know, like a PayPal link or an email or something.

    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, I don't need a tip jar. I've thought about it, but I'm not gonna do it. That's the first step down the path towards charging people for this music, and I don't own any of it, I just share it. If people want to show their appreciation, they can leave a comment or two. Or if they have a stack of old Christmas 78s or 45s they want to donate to the cause, that would be OK, too. :) I keep meaning to post a want list, but I don't think I'll get to it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...