Monday, December 02, 2019

Christmas Mann

Time for another remaster of something from ye olden days, and this time it's a classic from 2006. An insurance company premium record featuring the voice and trumpet of Gary Mann.  It's got a nice tone to it and I've grown rather fond of it over the years.  He sounds a little like Louis Armstrong in places, I don't know how much of that is his actual voice and how much of it is a desire to sound like Louis Armstrong, if you know what I mean. But it's good stuff.  This is Gary Mann-Blues For Baby Jesus (Educator & Executive Insurance EE-101, Stereo, 1972).  There's a nice long biography on the back of the record, so have a read if you want to know more.

1. Jingle Bells
2. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
3. Alone At Christmas Time
4. Sleigh Bells
5. Blues For Baby Jesus
6. O Holy Night
7. Adeste Fidelis
8. The First Noel
9. Silent Night
10. Christmas Song

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. Looks familiar - I think I have this one, but don't remember a thing about it, which is the usual with my record collection.

    Anyway, you have to love a promo! My father worked for an insurance company, and I used to have a few promo LPs from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always want to like this more than I do. I think the cover makes it look kind of hip and modern. But it's really dixieland jazz. The alternate title and cover suit the music more, IMO.

    https://www.discogs.com/Gary-Mann-Christmas-With-Gary-Mann/release/8243782

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...