Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Back To Pittsburgh

One of the shares I really enjoyed last year came to us from the city of Pittsburgh, and I'm happy to share with you tonight a stereo copy of that record I shared in mono last time. I know these folks made some more professional recordings later on, I even found a CD featuring a much more recent performance the other day. But this is the one I found and have really enjoyed, so I'm sharing it with you folks.  This is The Mendelssohn Choir Of Pittsburgh-Russell G. Wichmann, Director-Love Came Down At Christmas (A Mendelssound Production MCP-1000, Stereo, 1965).

1. Joy To The World
2. Love Came Down At Christmas
3. A Sequence Of Carols: Coventry Carol; I Saw Three Ships; The Twelve Apostles; The Holly And The Ivy
4. Kolyada (Spirit Of Christmas)
5. Glory To God
6. Silent Night
7. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
8. Adeste Fideles
9. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
10. For Unto Us A Child Is Born
11. Christmas, The Year One, A.D.
12. The Shepherd's Star
13. Slumber Now Beloved Child
14. Glory To God


MEGA

4 comments:

  1. It's a notable choir - appears regularly with the Pittsburgh Symphony and has for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the choral stuff. Mixes in nicely with more contemporary music for a nice evocation of Xmases past. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good stuff.

    excellent tenor section. these groups can never get enough quality tenors. i bet they tapped in a few ringers.


    i know. shut up, barba.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...