Sunday, December 01, 2019

Stereo Seeburg

Here's one I've been hoping to share for years now, but only recently found a new copy in stereo for you. I can remember buying a copy many years ago, but when the season came around, I couldn't find it.  I looked and looked, but like so many other records, it's disappeared into the stacks, never to be seen again.  But then this new copy came my way, and I'm happy to say that I managed to keep track of it long enough to record and scan it. Seeburg was a manufacturer of jukeboxes, but they also made background music similar to what Muzak did. They also made machines to play the music, and pressed up their own records with really large center holes for those machines.  But this isn't from one of those records, this is a regular old 33-1/3 RPM microgroove 12" album, which I suspect they pressed up as a giveaway for clients or prospective clients at some point in their history.  I've seen other similar non-Christmas records from Seeburg, so I suspect it was something they did at some point to increase sales.  It's good music, and there's a blurb on the front cover comparing the arrangements to those produced by Pro Musica Antiqua. Not sure I agree with that, but maybe.  Anyhow, I'm sure you'll appreciate this upgrade to stereo, but if you really want the old mono version, I think you can still download it from a link in the comments here. But for your stereo listening pleasure, here is Seeburg-The Sound & Color Of Christmas (Seeburg 7-700189, Stereo).

1. Medley: We Wish You A Merry Christmas; Carol Of The Bells
2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
3. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
4. Angels We Have Heard On High
5. Good King Wenceslaus
6. Coventry Carol
7. Carol Of The Drum ("Little Drummer Boy")
8. Deck The Halls
9. I'll Be Home For Christmas
10. Medley: Shepherd's Carol; Patapan
11. O Christmas Tree
12. Here We Come A-Caroling
13. The Christmas Waltz
14. God Rest, Ye Merry Gentlemen (SIC)

MEGA

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the upgrade Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ernie! The mono version has been in our household's holiday music rotation since you last shared it - looking forward to hearing it in stereo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ernie, A beauty in sight and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than promos, as far as I am concerned! Thanks, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Ernie. This is one of my all time fav.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for the stereo version! I'd say it's like hearing it or the first time, but I haven't heard it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the stereo update. It's going to be added to my Christmas rotation when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks
    Now I have both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this one Ernie. It goes right into the "work place rotation."

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPERB Ernie !!! Thank Yule for all your incredible shares !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great upgrade to stereo. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff! Thanks for the share :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, thanks for Stereo version.
    ~J.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...