Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Glam Time

I haven't been sharing out many old things this year without a remaster, but this record popped into my brain this morning, and I figured it would be a good thing to bring back.  Looks like I shared this out in 2011, and it's not been seen or heard since. I guess it wasn't too popular, it only ever got one comment, but it's the weird, unknown, forgotten sort of thing that I love to find and share with you. I don't know anything more about the artists now than I did then, but I encourage you to go to the same Wikipedia page I sent you to in 2011. Not much help, but it's got some basics. Anyhow, this is a re-encode I did last year, so it's in full 320 for you listening pleasure.  Please enjoy The Vibra Corporation-The Vibra Corporation Christmas Single (Passport 12" 45 RPM PSC-7910, Stereo, 1977).

1. Snow White Rock Christmas
2. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

MEGA

9 comments:

  1. This has a disco vibe to it - am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think so, it's pretty glam rockin'. Disco comes later in the season, once I get done scanning and stitching the fancy die-cut cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, it does say "glam" in the head, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow White Rock Christmas was on one of my playlists for a while some years ago. Dude! Thanks for the re-code upgrade! Bringing the noise! So very appreciative.
    Big BIG thanks, Ern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found a commercial (non-promo) 7" of this single last week. Good stuff. The Fox On The Run synth riff at the beginning is pretty interesting. Doing research on this earlier, it may be that Meat Loaf may have associated with this group. hard to pin down anything substantial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and the flip side sounds like it could have been a Partridge Family outtake. I Think I Love This.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved it since you first posted it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed this before, and now glad to have found it. Fantastic, and one of my favorites so far. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...