Friday, December 14, 2018

Marilyn & Skitch

This is one of my favorite finds of the year, and I didn't even have to find it!  My buddy Buster sent it to me after he learned I was looking for it.  I've never seen one of these in the wild, and it finishes up my collection of this particular Air Force show style.  Side one is the same style of show we've been looking at where a guest star performs a few tracks with various parts of the USAF Band, in this case the guest is Marilyn Maye, a singer who only released a Christmas track here and there otherwise. Side two is a sort of best-of from the whole series, narrated by Skitch Henderson and features turns by guests from earlier years.  These are all taken from records I've already shared with you, so the only new stuff you're getting here is the spoken bits from Skitch, but it's still nice to hear.  Tracks are included from The Doodletown Pipers, Jack Jones, Sandler & Young, The Free Design and Nancy Wilson.  Quite the lineup!  This is The United States Air Force Presents Christmas Programs-Christmas 1969 (USAF Advertising Division GXSV-222010/222011, Stereo, 1969).  Thanks again, Buster!!

Side 1-Christmas Is...
Side 2-A Gift Of The Season

MEGA (Uncut)
MEGA (Tracks)

8 comments:

  1. And thanks to you, Ernie, for such a nice transfer. I had a devil of a time with this LP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got lucky. I heard some bad clicks that I thought were going to become skips, but it straightened out quickly. Post office bent one corner of the jacket pretty bad, but I fixed it in post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this and all of the other great posts. Always love stopping by to see what's new (or is it old?) Any chance of a re-up of the Nancy Wilson program from a few years back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Ernie! I had bought a couple copies of this LP years ago because this was, and still is, the only place to get a clean copy of "Shepherds and Wisemen". The other LP featuring the Free Design had Chris Dedrick, I think, talking over the intro of the song. Like Buster, I had a devil of a time getting a rip I was satisfied with. Cant wait to listen and see how you fared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the Nancy Wilson one is about 12 posts back.

    https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2018/12/nancy-boris.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Took me a long time to find it, too. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...