Friday, December 14, 2018

Grant-ed

I can't remember the last organ record I shared with you, so maybe it's time for another.  But this is probably one of the best, and there's nary a chime to be heard. I can't believe that this isn't on CD anywhere or available to stream.  I went hunting and couldn't find any sign of it, but I could be wrong.  If something is out there, please let me know, I don't want to cross the powers that be. Anyhow, I shared this with you after Christmas in 2012, and only via Torrent, so I'm sure a lot of people didn't get the chance to download it from me.  It's been shared many places over the years, and I'm always thinking it's out of digital somewhere so I've kind of shied away from it.  But a request reminded me of it today, so I re-encoded it to 320, and I'm putting it back up here tonight. This is Earl Grant-Winter Wonderland (Decca DL 74677, Stereo, 1965). If you like this, I've also got an old share with an active link in the comments of a Christmas single from Grant that's probably better than anything on the album, and it's a great album.  Don't miss out!

1. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
2. Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep
3. Silver Bells
4. Carol Of The Drum
5. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
6. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
7. Winter Wonderland
8. Silent Night
9. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
10. White Christmas
11. Jingle Bells
12. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear

I'm taking this one down for now.  I've heard from a couple of people that the speed is off, so I need to find my album and rip it again at the correct speed.  This was an older rip I had in my archives, not sure what may have happened, or if it affected other things I ripped at the same time.  Gonna do some digging.  Be sure you grab that single I mention above though, it's great!

OK, my pal The King Of Jingaling was kind enough to take my files and correct the pitch to where it needs to be.  If you downloaded this share before 12/22, you really need to grab these new files.  Thanks, King! Give 'em a listen and let me know if it sounds better to you.

MEGA

11 comments:

  1. JP said...

    Fantastic! What a great feel to whole album. Sincere thanks to you for bringing this one back to life, and re-encoded at 320, too! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this sounds much better than the old rip! i notice it's pitched a little slower than the old rip too. i assume this new share is the correct pitch? thanks Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just a re-encode of the old share, shouldn't be any different than before. Maybe you got a copy from elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah. that must be the case. anyway, thank you! sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe your computer is slow. mine sure is.

    it gets slower all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the all time greats! A favorite of mine every year. Every tack is a classic, but particularly those that feature Plas Johnson's tenor sax. The interplay between Earl Grant's humming and the sax on Silent Night gets me every time. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And thanks for the link to the single. My previous copy got lost. Resurrecting the old posts with new links is truly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kwork, pretty much every single new post from 2016 and 2017 has a new MEGA link in the comments. Not sure how long they'll stay up, but if you want all that stuff it's out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I'm gonna pull this down. Someone else mentioned the speed issue, so I may have been having some unknown troubles when I ripped it back in the day. Maybe next year I can get it right.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...