Saturday, December 13, 2008

27 Days Of Christmas-Day The Tenth


Time for number ten! This is from a great album that I was excited to find this year and wanted to share, but it turns out that it's on CD, and pretty easily available. But I doubt if many people know about it. So maybe after you hear this track from my mono copy, you'll go out and buy the stereo CD. This is the Randy Van Horne Singers-It Happened In Sun Valley from Sleighride (Everest LPBR 5112, Mono, 1960). This is a song that I didn't consider to be very Christmassy for a long time, but I've reconsidered that. At least it's seasonal, for those of you in colder climes.

Previous Shares:
Mystery Orchestra And Chorus-Mystery Song
Luis Bordón-White Christmas
The Clancy Brothers-Jingle Bells (Buala Bas)
Keely Smith-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
The De Paur Chorus-Christmas In The Tropics
Vincent Lopez-Here Comes The Fattest Man In Town
The 4 Seasons-Jungle Bells
Jimmy McGriff-Hip Santa
Lorne Greene-Christmas Is A-Comin' (May God Bless You)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! The Randy Van Horne singers did the backup for Esquivel! Thanks for sharing this one, Ernie. I've thought about getting this before. I may have to do it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...