Sunday, December 07, 2008

Not Another Muzak


While I'm on the subject of Muzak, here's a record from one of their chief competitors, Seeburg. I first shared this record with you last year, so you should click on over there to read the story behind it. This record is 10" in diameter, has a 2" hole through the middle and spins at 16-2/3 RPM. Not your standard LP, that's for sure. Someone recently left a comment asking me to rip some more of these (I've got a stack of 10-20 more), but I doubt that's going to happen. They're really pretty boring, and the Christmas songs are only about every third track. Actually, they aren't even broken up into tracks, you have to find the silence between the songs after you've played with the sound file to make it play at the right speed. (My turntable doesn't have a 16-2/3 setting, so I have to record it at 33-1/3 and slow it down by half. Takes time...) But if you ant to hear what this sounded like, please download The Seeburg Music Library-Matching Christmas Library (CH 10 A/B, Mono).

1. Silent Night
2. The Little Drummer Boy
3. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
4. Lullay, Thou Little Tiny Child
5. Jingle Bells
6. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

For more Seeburg Christmas music, you can check out Music You Possibly Won't Find Anyplace Else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...