Friday, November 24, 2023

WXMS In Cincinnati

You gotta love local Christmas releases. It may not be on a big label, it may not be any big names, it may not even be recorded all that well, but it's always got heart. Someone had an idea to make a record, and they got all the people and resources together to make it happen. This particular record from Cincinnati has been in my collection for a long time, but I've never listened to it. I think the pink cover, somewhat unique for a Christmas record, is what drew me to it. I finally made time to listen to it this year, and I wish I had done it sooner. There's great stuff on here! My favorite track is a version of Jingle Bells that makes me think it was arranged by Carl Stalling for an early Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies short. There's also a nice recitation of 'Twas The Night Before Christmas over top of White Christmas that's kind of interesting. I don't think there's a bad track here, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much as I do. The lesson here is to never ignore a record, take some time to listen to it, you just might love it! This is Cincinnati Symphony Members With Mac Frampton-Sounds Of Christmas 71 AKA Christmas '71 (Artist's Recording No Number, Stereo, 1971). It's good stuff, enjoy!

1. Christmas Song
2. What Child Is This
3. Silent Night
4. Medley
5. O' Holy Night
6. Jingle Bells
7. Little Town Of Bethlehem
8. Carol Of The Bells
9. Jesu Bambino
10. White Christmas-'Twas The Night Before Christmas
11. Adeste Fidelis

MEGA

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a good one!! Thanks so much Ernie for doing this every year, it’s one of the highlights of my holiday season!! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's got some really good stuff, I wish I'd paid more attention to it before this year.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to this one based on your description. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was indeed a lovely listen. I'll definitely return to this on future holidays. Thanks, Ernie.

      Delete
  4. This is great, but you don't answer the question - Is Mac Frampton the brother of Peter Frampton?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...