Friday, November 24, 2023

Ebeneezer 2

If one version of A Christmas Carol isn't enough for you, here's a second, musical version, spread out on two long LPs. You know you want to listen to this! Lots of songs sprinkled in here, but I didn't try to cut them out of the narrative. You'll just have to sit and listen to it the way it was intended. This is The Ambrosian Singers And Orchestra-John McCarthy, Musical Director-Scrooge (OmniSound 2XLP N-208/N1018, Stereo, 1978). You might recognize the name of John McCarthy, he's shown up here at least once before.

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie, never cannot have enough of this story on LP. Always worth adding an extra to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone was interested in it. I thought it was a neat package and a rare double disc for around here.

      Delete
  2. Ernie, Thank you for getting the season of to such a great start- I always love to hear different takes of this story!
    - Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are finding stuff you like. It's only gonna get better as the season moves forward. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! A rarity I've never come across before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only one I've ever seen, so I don't think it's all that common, at least not on this side of the Atlantic.

      Delete
  4. I thought I had encountered every English Christmas LP in existence, but as always you have found something new (to me)! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this label also issued a really late Harry Simeone Christmas album.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...