Thursday, November 23, 2023

Merry Christmas To All 2023!

Good afternoon, and welcome to Christmas 2023! This marks my 18th year of sharing Christmas music from my collection with you via the blog. Seems like a really long time, and it is, but the season itself will be done and gone before you know it. I hope you find the time to sit back, relax and savor the experience before it passes by. I'm going to share a lot of stuff, and it's going to come hard and fast for the entire season. Don't over exert yourself by trying to keep up, just enjoy it when you can. I don't intend for it to make anyone's holiday any more hectic than it already is. I've got many, many new shares for you this year, some really great stuff and some real clunkers. Put it all together and it's going to give you many hours of listening enjoyment. My intent this year is to do nothing but new shares and some remasters, so nothing that's just reshared from previous years. There'll be a new post every four hours or less between now and Christmas morning, and it's all newly recorded this year just for you. Pretty much all albums, too. I recorded a pile of singles, but never got around to scanning the labels and finishing them up, so there may be a few but not many. That means there are going to be a lot of posts and each one is going to have a lot of new music for you. I hope you enjoy at least some of what pops up, but I don't think anyone is going to like everything. That's probably enough blathering for now, I'm just as anxious as you to get this show on the road. I've been prepping for this since last January, so let's get this party started! Enjoy!

(If you want a little taste of what's about to come, and you missed it back in June at Christmas-and-a-half, go download this 117 track sampler.)

16 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie, so glad you are back...
    Hope you enjoyed your trip to Italy. My friends here in Germany have been going there at least 2 times per year for the last years. They love it. Some others I know love it too.
    I look forward to your shares this year. Thanks as always for all this hard work you put into sharing with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a much easier trip from Germany than from Florida. A hurricane caused us to have to change some plans at the last minute, big mess.

      Delete
  2. And so it begins..
    You weren't kidding about extra hard drives apparently. Ha.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you'll find a lot of good new stuff to listen to. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey, I don't know what's more enjoyable - the season or your musical accompaniment. I just know it's all great fun and a tradition worth savoring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become a great tradition, but it's getting hard to live up to my own legacy. I need to learn to rest on my laurels a bit. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to all the shares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you find a couple things worth listening to!

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! Merry Christmas! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ernie, my friend, you are a machine, in the best possible way! I checked here T-Day AM, saw naught, proceeded with abandon on through the festivities and now, less than 24 hours later, I'm already so far behind. Man! Dude! You are too good to us! Thank you SO VERY KINDLY for your relentless generosity! I welcome your updates and, once more, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With less singles this year, there is probably a good chance that we will not be having 3 or 4 consecutive Saturdays in a row with a new post on the hour every hour like you had last year. There are some from last year's post--a-thon that I still haven't gotten too yet! Looking forward to hearing all of the great new seasonal stuff you ripped throughout the year and will be sharing with us this Christmas season. There were at least five cuts from last year's post-a-thons that made it into my regular obscure Christmas favorite s playlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be able to do the 24 shares in 24 hours again, but with albums. We'll have to wait and see. ;)

      Delete
  8. BOOM! And just like that - - I laughed as I read and identified with what MOQChoir said " I'm already so far behind!" Merry Christmas! Thank you for every share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're never too far behind that you can't catch up. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...