Friday, November 24, 2023

Artists Artists

I've got one more 45 with Christmas greetings on it for you, but it's not from Detroit, so I've carefully spaced it out to fall in a different day. I hope I'm getting these out early enough to allow you to use them in your Christmas comps. And if you do use any of my shares, I'd love to hear what you did with them. Leave me a comment with a link, or send me an email so we can connect. Always good to hear where my children here end up. Anyhow, this is a great collection of artists who were all recording for United Artists at the time. I was very excited about Ferrante & Teicher, as well as Jimmy McGriff. Lots of other big names here as well, and funny bits from Pat Cooper and Jackie Vernon. This is Season's Greetings From United Artists Artists (United Artists 7" 45 RPM UA 50118 Special 45 RPM Christmas Promo, Not For Sale, Mono, 1966). I love these things, wish I had more of them to share with you.

1. Ferrante & Teicher-Season's Greetings
2. Pat Cooper-Season's Greetings
3. Al Caiola-Season's Greetings
4. Jimmy Roselli-Season's Greetings
5. Jackie Vernon-Season's Greetings
6. Anthony & The Imperials-Season's Greetings
7. Bobby Goldsboro-Season's Greetings
8. Jimmy McGriff-Season's Greetings
9. Del Reeves-Season's Greetings

MEGA

10 comments:

  1. Jackie Vernon and Pat Cooper? And Jimmy McGriff to boot. Man, you are on fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was probably more excited about this one that I was about the Motown ones. :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent stuff! With the exception of the Del Reeves and Jimmy Roselli liners, the background music comes from Ferrante and Teicher's two Christmas albums, Snowbound and We Wish You A Merry Christmas. Both that and the Jimmy Roselli Christmas albums are in my collection. Great to hear Al Caiola and Ferrante and Teicher talk for a change! I will make sure that F&T super-fan Lee knows about this post over at his blog. With AI technology, the Jackie Vernon liner could be amended for use in 2029!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I meant to mention the source of the BG music but forgot. Plenty of people here that didn't release Christmas albums, or that released Christmas albums on other labels. It's a great collection in my humble opinion.

      Delete
  3. What a cool find, Ernie! So interested to hear F&T speak....and Al Caiola too! Love their playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now we know how they pronounced Ferrante & Teicher. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I love 'em too, but they're getting harder and harder to find.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...