Saturday, December 14, 2019

Another Westminster

Would you like to take a trip around the world without even leaving the comfort of your desk?  Then this album is for you! From the great Westminster label, a record that I had never seen before until I stumbled across this copy recently at a Goodwill here in Sarasota. I've been a fan of releases on the early Westminster label for many years now.  Just do a quick search for Westminster here on the blog and you'll see many, many Christmas records here on that label. So it was certainly unexpected that I would find another one, but there it was. I love when that happens.  You think you know something pretty well, and then something new pops up and surprises you! I hope this release is full of surprises for you as well.  This is Le Groupe Des Chanteurs Traditionnels De Paris (Helene Brunet, Alto-Marcel Giteau, Tenor-Madeleine Gerault, Soprano) With L'Orchestre Du Théâtre De Champs Elysées (Conducted By Marc Honegger)-Christmas Around The World (Arrangements By Joseph Canteloube) (Westminster WL 5372, Mono, 1954).  This isn't exactly pop music, and I don't really know anything about any of those names.  But it's Christmas, so it's good stuff.  Enjoy!

1. A Bethléem Allons Vite
2. La Viérge Maria Va À Bethléem
3. Chantons Tous La Plus Haut
4. Quand Dieu Naquit À Noël
5. Lève-Toi, Cousine
6. Le Petit Jésus Dort
7. Mon Beau Sapin
8. Beaux Bergers, Ou Allez-Vous?
9. On Annonce Une Nouvelle
10. Cette Nuit Est Bienheureuse
11. O Dieu
12. Qui Frappe Ici?
13. A Bethléem Quand L'Enfant-Dieu Naquit
14. La Premier Jour De Noël

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I offered this one in its French edition in 2013. That post has some background information on the composer and performers.

    http://big10inchrecord.blogspot.com/2013/11/canteloube-settings-of-christmas-songs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. (funny seeing Busters comment over here as I first wrongly posted this comment over his Big Ten Inch Record blog. It looks almost idental and was packes with christmas shares, so it had me confused)

    Hello again Ernie! I posted my eight Xmas Delights yesterday and as always there's a couple of tunes, maybe three I've originally gotten from one of your shares. Here it is in case you or anyone else would like to have a listen:

    https://www.dreamweapons.net/2019/12/dream-weapons-present-xmas-delights-vol.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments. Buster, I must have missed that one the first time around. I seem to have shared a lot of stuff that you've beaten me to this year. :(

    And Moahaha, I think I've downloaded all of your collections in years' past, so thank you for this new one! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about it, buddy - I will be returning the favor with "The Coming of the King" one day soon.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...