Thursday, December 12, 2019

800 Years

Here's another record that I bought at Fantasyland some years back.  In fact, it was sealed when I bought it, I only just opened it a month or so ago to play it for the first time. Not really any Christmas music here, I'm afraid, but it does feature the Preacher of Bourbon Street, a fellow who's records are a staple of thrift store record racks everywhere.  Except for this one album though.  I've only ever seen this one copy, and I think I paid a bit of a premium because of it's rarity, as well as being sealed. I'm a sucker for Christmas stuff sometimes.  There are three tracks here, two parts of one sermon, and another long sermon on the flip side.  There's a little bit of organ on one of the tracks, if you're desperate for music. It's good for a listen or two, or maybe to cut up into bit and pieces for a mix maybe. If that sounds at all interesting, please be my guest and download Bob Harrington-Birthday Of A King (World Records BH #22, Stereo, 1975)

1. Birthday Of A King-Part 1
2. Birthday Of A King-Part 2 (Organ By Carolyn Cowan)
3. 800 Years Before Christmas

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. He really is a thrift store staple, but like you I've never seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Jesus is ready to slap someone....

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...