Friday, December 13, 2019

A Wolfe In Children's Clothing

This is a record that's been requested of me a few times, and I'm not sure why I never shared it.  I found an older rip on my hard drive, but for some reason I never scanned in the art work and finished it off. When I found another copy of the LP earlier this year, I ripped it again, and I finally finished up the artwork so I can share it with you. This album seems to have a lot in common with the one Wolfe made with Arthur Godfrey, also for RCA, done three years earlier.  I wonder if maybe these were leftover tracks from those sessions, or if they are new recordings. These are the sorts of questions that keep me up at night. So if you've been waiting for me to share this album for all these years, here it is.  This is The Richard Wolfe Children's Chorus-Christmas Is For Children (RCA Camden CAS-1121, Stereo, 1970).

1. Christmas Is For Children
2. Medley: A Holly Jolly Christmas; Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
3. Sleigh Ride
4. Medley: Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town; Frosty The Snow Man
5. A Merry Christmas Wish
6. Medley: Here We Come A-Caroling; Deck The Halls; Jingle Bells; Joy To The World
7. The Little Drummer Boy
8. Medley: O Little Town Of Bethlehem; The First Noel; Silent Night; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
9. White Christmas
10. Medley: O Christmas Tree; Oh Come, All Ye Faithful

MEGA

2 comments:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...