Monday, December 09, 2019

Ring Bells In Stereo-Part Deux

Here's an interesting share for you, the original version of an LP I've been sharing with you since 2008 (the stereo version since 2010) that I didn't even know existed until I stumbled across it.  Thankfully, they didn't change the cover too much when they reissued it in 1963, just kinda rearranged things and gave it a new title, so when I flipped to it in a stack, I had a pretty good idea of what it was. By 1963, stereo wasn't as big of a gimmick as it was in 1959, so I'm pretty sure that was the impetus behind the name change. And they quit using the fancy foil printing that's impossible to scan with the 1963 version as well, so pardon the crudeness of my scan, that shiny foil just gives the scanner fits. (Keeping the same catalog number helped, too.) But I wanted to share the older model with you, so I guess you could say this is a remaster since you've heard the music here before.  If you dig the bells, please download The Holiday Bells-Christmas Bells In Stereo (Kapp KS-3038, Stereo, 1959).

1. Silent Night
2. Angels We Have Heard On High
3. The First Noel
4. Joy To The World
5. Jingle Bells
6. Oh, Christmas Tree
7. O Sanctissima
8. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
9. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
10. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
11. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
12. Deck The Halls
13. O Come All Ye Faithful
14. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
15. Away In A Manger
16. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
17. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
18. Good King Wenceslas
19. Jolly Old St. Nicholas

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. Hey I remember this one. The reissue, anyway - I've seen that cover many times, but never this earlier edition.

    I this one of those carillon things, or the bell ringer variety?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's handbells, but I can't say for sure right at the moment. :) Just download it, you know you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a college that had a carillon. I remember when they installed it. I couldn't believe that someone actually donated that noisy thing when they could have been helping starving students like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't aware that there were such records with almost only bells and carillon on it, this sure is moving and you couldn't hear such music today.

    Thank you very much for sharing Ernie!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...