Sunday, December 24, 2017

A Christmas Riddle

Perhaps to make up a bit for that last post which featured no Nelson Riddle Christmas music whatsoever, here's a brand new rip of his 1970 Christmas LP for Avon.  I happened to stumble across a nice clean copy of this yesterday, complete with some inserts that I don't think I had the last time I ripped and shared this in 2006.  There's a custom inner sleeve and two different letters from Avon President Fred G. Fusee for your enjoyment.  Oh, and some music, the only solo Christmas music recorded by Nelson Riddle, as far as I know.  Well, he did The Christmas Song on a tribute to Nat King Cole, but this is a full album.  Perhaps a few years after his heyday, but it's still well worth a listen!  This is The Nelson Riddle Orchestra And Chorus-Avon Wishes You A Happy Holiday and A Joyous New Year (Avon AV 10170, Stereo, 1970). I think there's more Avon in the archives here, if you're interested.

1. Happy Holiday
2. Angels We Have Heard On High
3. O Holy Night
4. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
5. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
6. Carol Of The Bells
7. Ave Maria
8. Here We Come A-Caroling
9. What Child Is This (Greensleeves)
10. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
11. Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
12. Do You Hear What I Hear
13. Go Tell It On The Mountain

Zippyshare
And if anyone is looking for the traditional Christmas Eve visit from The Sugarplum Fairy, look here.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Ernie, and a very merry Christmas to you! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are part of christmas, ernie(not bert).

    that's the truth.


    have a merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! For some reason, the version that I had in my library was a mono version. So I got even more of an upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this here. This is an album that was played quite often during the Christmas season by mother in my youth and I always loved it. The standouts here are Carol of the Bells, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, and Do You Hear What I Hear?. Man this is bringing back memories.

    Thanks for this bit of merriment Ernie!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always wondered if Nelson Riddle did Christmas and here it is! It's holiday sounds as this that
    always fascinated me and still does.More than many thanks to you.Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new link for 2018...

    https://mega.nz/#!MFNX3S6T!sun2ngqB4WfzZ0nqNJ3e1gFB-6E7H3AnzjylM4QcOOs

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...