Saturday, December 30, 2017

Six Geese A'Laying

Another day after Christmas, another Christmas 45.  And this time, it's a typical '50s kiddie vocal, but one that you haven't heard a million times.  No idea who Paul O'Keefe was, or who he grew up to be, but the songwriter on both sides is Bob Hilliard, who I believe is a lyricist of some note. (Co-writer on the flip side is Lee Pockriss, also a writer of some note.) Everest was a minor player in the record business, though they did put out some good stuff over the years.  I don't have a whole lot to say about this one, and I'm running a little late this morning, but it's worth a download and a listen.  I say that about most all of my shares, don't I?  Well, I guess it's true.  Please download and enjoy Paul O'Keefe-(Santa Claus) What Would You Like For Christmas b/w A Baby In A Basket (Everest 7" 45 RPM 9-19322 Promotion Copy Not For Sale, Mono, 1959).

Zippyshare

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant shares this year, Ernie! Thank you so much for helping to keep our holidays merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you post nonstandards from rare sources. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're killing with these singles Ernie! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new link...

    https://mega.nz/#!lBdhyayT!49OYO92JSYSlFRfyc61Atd_9ZLFM0-fLCoX1v41B2Wk

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...