Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Three French Hens

It's been a great year for singles around here, and tonight is certainly no exception to that.  I've got a huge pile of 45's that I'm always adding to, and I'm always saying I need to record more of it.  The stuff I've shared this year has made exactly no dent in the pile, but it's better than nothing.  This 45 tonight is something I didn't even know I had, but I found it tonight while trying to clean out a box of stuff  I bought a while back.  Turns out the A-side of this single is a track that wasn't on Booker T. & The M.G.'s great Christmas LP (though the B-side is from that album), and it features Isaac Hayes on piano, so I'm pretty surprised it's as obscure as it is.  Do yourself a favor and download Booker T. & The M.G.'s-Winter Snow b/w Silver Bells (Stax 7" 45 RPM 45-236, Mono, 1967). Plenty of organ here, but no chimes, sorry.

Zippyshare

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! These various singles this year have been great to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new link for 2018:

    https://mega.nz/#!hUcSjApD!XrpaQ2KYoRokoXuqOE5rPdYXRKgLEOUx6BcUo34dKhQ

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...