Tuesday, December 08, 2009

One Bell


What can I say about this one that I haven't said before? Way back in 2004, a small community formed over at FaLaLaLaLa.com. It was a group of like-minded people who remembered Christmases from long ago, and those big spinning record that made the music come out of the speaker of the old hi-fi set in the living room. The King of Jing-a-ling brought us all together and started sharing out some music that many people hadn't heard in years. One of the earliest records he shared was a disc by Eddie Dunstedter. I recognized the name, ran to my record collection and searched until I found this record. Even better, I found two records by the same guy, neither of which was the one shared out. So I recorded them and shared them both out the very next year, so that anyone who wanted could have the complete Eddie Dunstedter Christmas collection. I think it's been 4 years since then, and I still have to share out those records every Christmas. If you've not gotten it before now, please download Eddie Dunstedter-The Bells Of Christmas (Capitol ST 1264, Stereo, 1959), and listen to the sound of Christmas.

1. The First Noel
2. March Of The Three Kings
3. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
4. Greensleeves
5. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear-O Little Town Of Bethlehem-Away In A Manger
6. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
7. Cantique De Noel (O Holy Night)
8. We Three Kings Of Orient Are-Bring Your Torches
9. Deck The Halls-Joy To The World
10. Adeste Fideles
11. O Tannenbaum
12. The Coventry Carol-Von Himmel Hoch
13. Silent Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...