Monday, December 07, 2009

Lovin' That Lanin


Are you tired of all the Sammy Kaye yet? I thought so. Here's a bandleader and orchestra that will get that swinging and swaying out of your system and leave you jumping at the woodside. No, I don't know what that's supposed to mean either, but I suspect it means you'll like this LP. I first shared this out in 2006, but I dug up and shared this stereo copy in 2008. I get some pretty rave reviews each and every time I throw it up here, so I expect plenty of comments this year as well. Please go now and download Lester Lanin And His Orchestra-Christmas Dance Party (Epic BN 547, Stereo, 1959).

1. Jingle Bells
2. White Christmas; I'll Be Home For Christmas; Home For The Holidays; Happy Holiday
3. Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairies
4. Here Comes Santa Claus; Frosty The Snowman
5. Silver Bells; Oh, Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum); We Wish You A Merry Christmas
6. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
7. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
8. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly; The Wassail Song; Good King Wenceslas
9. Christmas Night In Harlem
10. The Christmas Song; I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day; Christmas In Killarney
11. Winter Wonderland
12. Sleigh Ride
13. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!; Auld Lang Syne; A Hot Time In The Old Time Tonight

7 comments:

  1. You have some great offerings right now--as always, Ernie. But when I go to download, Rapidshare is saying there's no more room for anyone but "premium users" at all the sharity blogs I've gone to. That's something I've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I've heard lots of complaints about RabidSnare this year. I would advise you keep trying, it seems to go away after a while. You might also consider a 30 day membership with them. It will pay off in spades both here and elsewhere. And if you buy it after clicking one of my links, I earn free points towards continuing my membership. :)

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon, Ernie--This is a wonderful site. I don't know if you take requests, but do you have "Joy to the World" by Andre Kostelanetz & Orchestra? A great album, out of print for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for posting all of this great music!

    --Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I earn free points towards continuing my membership."

    I didn't know that. Well, that would tempt me more to pay.

    Anyway, thanks for all you share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you certainly shouldn't sign up just to help me. But if you're going to do it anyway... I also get a penny if you click on that little ad on the front page, but it takes a lot of pennies to add up to a check. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back to Lester... ;) This has to be one of the greatest sharity finds out there. This is a fabulous album!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...