Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Merry Christmas To You


I know it's late, but I wanted to get one more little thing up for you guys this year. See that little stereo at the top of this record jacket? That's the magic word. I've been in love with this record ever since I first heard a couple of tracks from it shared out over at Lee's Music You (Possibly) Won't Hear Anyplace Else many years ago. I eventually found and shared a mono copy, but this year I finally stumbled across a nice stereo copy. I've been meaning to share this with you all season, but I just today got the chance to put the package together and share it. The scanning was a pain since pretty much every pass I made had blue and yellow streaks in it. The flip side is all shades of gray, yet it scanned blue. I guess this thing is on the fritz, and it's not gonna get fixed until after the holiday. Oh, and one of the tracks skipped very quietly, so I had to go back and re-record that just now. But without further ado, here it is, my last share of the season, We Wish You A Merry Christmas-15 Great Christmas Favorites Sung By Warner Bros. Stars (Warner Bros WS1337, Stereo, 1959). Have a Merry Christmas, y'all!

1. Efrem Zimbalist Jr.-Adeste Fideles
2. Warner Bros. Stars-Deck The Halls
3. Connie Stevens-Away In A Manger
4. Edward Byrnes-Yulesville
5. Peter Brown-Winter Wonderland
6. Ray Danton-God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
7. Poncie Ponce-Mele Kalikimaka
8. Eddie Cole-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
9. Bob Conrad-White Christmas
10. Dorothy Provine-Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
11. Clint Walker-Silver Bells
12. Roger Moore-Once In Royal David's City
13. Warner Bros. Male Chorus-Star Carol
14. Ty Hardin-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
15. Warner Bros. Stars-We Wish You A Merry Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I have to admit, I went and got your mono version instead. I always find if it was originally recorded in mono, it sounds better that way than the usually crappy stereo mixes. Just my opinion. I'm happy for you that your found a stereo version for yourself.

    Have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Christmas is complete without Robert Conrad's "White Christmas."

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ernie -- another grrrreat yuletide season, despite your HDD woes. You're the best!

    d

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...